We specialize in communication programs for public sector clients. We develop award winning communication programs to promote issues of importance to communities throughout the state. Our full-service agency supports education and awareness campaigns related to environmental sustainability, traffic safety, and healthcare, among others.
What we are looking for:
We are looking for a skilled administrative/accounting assistant to help drive and maintain administrative duties and provide billing support. This individual must have exceptional multi-tasking skills, as well as excellent communication skills, with an positive, can-do attitude. The administrative/accounting assistant should be able to provide support to the team by handling office tasks and providing polite and professional assistance via phone and e-mail. They should be experienced in handling a wide range of administrative and accounting support duties, while working independently with minimal supervision. This individual should be well organized, flexible and enjoy meeting support challenges in a busy and dynamic office environment, must work well under pressure and work with a high level of professionalism and confidentiality.
Administrative Activities Include:
- Answers phone calls, logs messages and routes calls to appropriate parties
- Ensures compliance with company policies and procedures
- Retrieves, reviews, and distributes daily mail
- Serve as first point-of-contact for clients, vendors, and office visitors
- Manages vendor relationships
- Maintains office supplies
- Coordinates maintenance and operation of office equipment
- Oversees administrative and accounting file management systems
- Provides travel planning, administrative support and personal errands to the company president
- Plans and oversees employee birthdays, team-building activities and company events
- Oversees commercial building management
- Schedules vendors for routine service and requested and/or emergency services
Billing Activities Include:
- Provides support to the accounting department
- Organizes and tracks all employee travel expenses
- Tracks and reconciles all credit card charges
- Provides A/P and A/R support
- Assists with month-end billing
- Provides support on researching and resolving accounting/billing issues
- Maintains accounting and client billing files
Our fast-growing business has been successful because of our dedication to serving clients on issues that impact the lives of people throughout California, and on building a team who shares this passion, too.
- High School Diploma; AA Degree preferred
- At least 4 years of related experience, or an equivalent of education and experience.
- Solid oral and written communication skills
- Computer data entry skills a must; Proficient with MS OFFICE
- Experience with Quickbooks is desired, but not required.
- Detail oriented
- Strong team player with a positive, can-do attitude
- Energetic, friendly, and outgoing
- Conveys information clearly and concisely in written and verbal communication
- Strong ability to resolve problems and provide solutions
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Must have reliable transportation
We provide an inclusive and fun work environment, growth opportunities and a generous benefits package for eligible employees, which includes health, dental, chiropractic and vision insurance, retirement savings plan, pension, life insurance program, paid time off and professional development opportunities. This is a full-time, hourly, non-exempt position, Monday-Friday, during regular business hours (8:30 am – 5:00 pm) but will consider a part time schedule (minimum 30 hours per week) as requested by the successful candidate. The compensation that will be offered to the successful candidate will depend on factors such as the candidate’s experience and qualifications. If you are looking for a rewarding career with a proven career path and a fun working environment, this is the place for you!
Interested candidates should submit their resume, salary expectations and creative cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org.