Position: PR Account Executive
Prosio Communications, an award winning, Roseville-based public relations, marketing and community outreach firm, is seeking an experienced and driven account executive to join our client services team. This is a full-time position and the successful candidate will work with senior leadership to drive strategy for various PR and outreach campaigns, conduct day-to-day planning and implementation of client projects, develop content for campaigns, and conduct media relations efforts to support client initiatives and programs. We are looking for a motivated self-starter with strong communication skills and the confidence to lead client and company initiatives. Preferred candidate will have strong community outreach experience, preferably with experience working on issues related to transportation, environmental or similar projects.
- Manage day-to-day operations of client PR and outreach programs from concept to execution
- Develop and lead PR and outreach strategies and tactics
- Develop outreach and public engagement plans
- Draft, edit and pitch news releases, advisories, op-ed and feature stories
- Manage deadlines, deliverables and budgets
- Work with internal departments (creative, media, social media) to ensure the delivery of projects and programs
- Represent firm in client meetings/presentations and new business pitches
- Cultivate client, vendor and media relationships
- Other duties, as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, public relations or related field required
- Min 4 years of PR/Outreach experience, agency experience preferred
- Excellent writing skills in numerous applications including, press releases, social media, marketing plans, collateral copy, key message documents, and reporting
- Solid media relations skills, with the existing experience or ability to quickly build media relationships with the intent to secure coverage with targeted media markets.
- In-depth experience writing press releases and clear understanding of and experience writing for AP Style
- Innate ability to multi-task and prioritize, with excellent problem-solving and time management skills
- Ability to exercise a high degree of initiative and flexibility
- Highly organized and detail-oriented
- Experience working in a lead/supervisory role on projects and assignments, with direct reports
- Positive attitude and able to work well independently and in team settings
- Bilingual (Spanish) preferred
We are looking for just the right person to round out our team and fit into our company culture. We are a tight group of energetic and motivated people who love to work hard, but also find the time to stop, collaborate and listen to each other – right now over Zoom, but hopefully soon, over happy hours again. Our fast growing business has been successful because of our dedication to serving clients on issues that impact the lives of people throughout California.
This position includes health benefits and 401k profit sharing with a lot of potential for advancement within the company. Salary dependent upon experience. Qualified candidates please email a resume, cover letter and salary expectations to Chris Townsend, firstname.lastname@example.org.