2015 is already proving to be another busy year for Team PC–between meeting new clients, preparing for statewide campaign launches and still finding time to do teambuilding in between, our team members are constantly on their toes. Luckily, each of us have five favorite things that make our work weeks (dare we say it) fun and make our jobs as PR pros a bit easier.
Here are five things that get Lindsey through the work week:
1. theSkimm. Every morning before I even get out of bed, I grab my phone to read my daily Skimm newsletter. It briefs me on a few major news stories, across a broad range of topics. It’s my secret weapon for making conversation with clients or chatting with people networking events. Check it out for yourself.
2. My planner. I never go anywhere without my Erin Condren planner. I’ve color-coded it to reflect the various accounts I work on, so I never miss a deadline. It’s basically an extension of myself.
3. Spotify. Listening to music is a “must” for me, especially when I write or do research. I’ve created playlists for just about any mood, featuring artists from Michael Jackson to New Basement Tapes to Beyonce.
4. My travel mug. Whether I’m sitting in my cubicle or out and about at meetings, I’m rarely seen without black coffee in-hand. Wherever I go, my coffee goes.
5. A notebook. No matter where I go, I’m always sure to take my notebook and a pen with me. You never know when you’ll think of something to add to your to-do list or come up with a great idea.