Do you feel like you’ve run out of inspiration and ideas? If you need to be productive but can’t seem to get anything constructive done — whether it’s at work or in your personal life — consider my favorite go-to tips to help you pull yourself out of a rut and get going again. We’d also love to see your tips; please feel free to share your favorite methods in the comment section below!
- Take a break. I’ve found that taking a walk around the block, calling a friend to see what they’re up to, or even running down to my favorite coffee shop for a dose of caffeine always helps to ease my mind and mentally prepare me to tackle any task.
- Make a task list. Lists are one of my favorite ways to stay organized and feel accomplished. In this situation, my list always consists of the top three most important things that I need to get done in order to move on with my day. Checking them all off as I complete them always makes me feel more optimistic and in-control.
- Clean up. A neat and tidy work environment that’s free of distractions, always helps me get things done more quickly and efficiently. You can brighten up your own space with fresh flowers or a framed picture of a loved one to help cheer you up throughout the day.
- Do something different. If you’ve become a creature of habit, consider mixing up your day a bit. I like to wake up earlier than usual, try something different for lunch, or wear something colorful or out of the ordinary to make things a little more exciting. Changing just one little habit can breathe new life into your day.
- Go out to lunch. Going out to lunch with coworkers or friends helps to break up my day and gives me a boost of energy right when I need it the most.
Taking some of these tips into consideration will help you feel focused and passionate throughout the week. Don’t forget to share your favorite tips below.